Better one handful with tranquility than two handfuls with toil and chasing after the wind.
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
The ears are feeding on O'Death - Fire on Peshtigo
goodbye ferret calendar
goodbye completed to-do lists on post-its all over my room
goodbye italian leather organiser i never fully utilised
goodbye extensive travelling
goodbye slightly more excusable immaturity
after reading Time's top ten lists of 2008, i realise now how much i truly love lists. maybe i'll make up some of my own right now. yes i'm making this blog a little bit more fashionable, but hopefully as unattractive as it has ever been.
Ruth's attempt at small comprehensive lists of 2008:
top 5 regrettable movies i actually paid to watch
5. high school musical 3 - watched this in cape town with candice, dine, and landi. seriously.. the things friends do for each other
4. the hottie and the nottie - i rented this for a dollar... and i don't know what i was thinking. i guess i wasn't.
3. vantage point - downloaded it. it cost money because it required electricity. it had this one particular pretentious american scene in it. enough said
2. mamma mia! - watched this on a plane... weirdest and most pervy musical meant for tweens?
1. the x-files: i want to believe - oh, my soul. a movie explicitly about Romans 1:27
top 5 raddest movies i watched
5. 27 dresses
3. ip man
2. the dark knight
1. iron man
top 10 loveliest music i found
10. international superheroes of hardcore - takin it ova
9. ghost mice/defiance, ohio split
8. the dø - a mouthful
7. anathallo - canopy glow
6. tv on the radio - dear science
5. the mae shi - hlllyh
4. the gaslight anthem - everything!
3. fleet foxes - s/t
2. o'death - broken hymns, limbs and skin and head home
1. noah & the whale - s/t
top 6 books i purchased
6. cambridge advanced learner's dictionary
5. ethics + the cost of discipleship - dietrich bonhoeffer
4. the shock doctrine - naomi klein
3. crazy love - francis chan
2. Jesus wants to save christians - rob bell and don golden
1. Jesus for president - shane claiborne and chris haw
top 6 most signficant occasions
6. realising i have the ability to write little bits of music
5. the tesol diploma - distinction, baybeh!
4. scallywag's peaceful departure
3. meeting a bajillion people in 6 different countries
2. dinner in indonesia after the ltt
1. south africa
okay i'm out of lists. bye!